WHAT is micro-learning?
Micro-learning deals with relatively small learning units and short-term learning activities. The term is used in e-learning and related fields in the sense of learning processes in mediated environments. Micro-learning is a holistic approach for skill-based learning and education which deals with relatively small learning units.
Before you get too far, you can choose to consume this content in the most convenient form for you!
Check out our webinar summary video, watch the full 30-minute webinar recording of "Micro-learning: What, Why & How" from the President of WorkerBee.TV, Dan Stevens, view the presentation slides or listen to the audio…
Or, continue reading the rest of the blog below -
Micro-learning is growing rapidly and here’s why:
- We all receive more than 3,500 messages per day
- In order to manage this overload, we had to get very good at filtering – and only engage with content that stands out
- We now prefer technologies that allow us to learn faster – and consume quickly on-the-go when it’s convenient for us
Welcome micro-learning as the latest trend that associations must embrace to stay relevant.
HOW can I deploy micro-learning for my association?
From 5-minute presentations at events, to badging and micro-credentialing applied to online learning, the trend is to consume more, relevant content, faster. Here’s how:
- Use video first. That old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Research says, one-minute video is worth 1.8 million words. Video is indisputably a faster and more convenient way to learn
- Restructure your existing content. Even simple changes can have a significant impact - like shortening one-hour webinars to 30-minutes or adding TedTalk style presentations to your events.
- And of course, look to harness technology to implement
- As you know, video makes it easy to shorten stories and educate in under three minutes, not an hour
- Podcasts makes it convenient to transform under-utilized time (in a car or on the subway) into opportunities for learning
- Augmented reality and virtual reality are new interactive technologies that will help members learn content faster
- And, artificial intelligence is allowing for repetitive and predictive tasks to be left to computers making your job easier
Associations who embrace these trends will be rewarded with stronger engagement. Which as you know, translates into higher retention, increased recruitment and growth of revenues.
Check out the webinar summary video or watch the full webinar recording HERE
Or, schedule a demo today to learn more about how Association TV can help you launch micro-learning.